Pages



Thursday, March 5, 2015

...frog and rabbit...

...

Adorable, right? I fell in love with this line of stuffed animals. I don't love the price, however. So, I decided to make them.

We made a trip to the fabric store this morning and came home with a stash of fabric. I decided to forgo the felted wool due to the cost and availability. I could make it out of sweaters, but I need to be realistic.

I found a cotton/polyester fabric that I think will be quite durable and wash well (without pilling!). I spent a total of $8.90 on the fabric, filling, and thread.


Gabe is extremely excited for a frog. I asked which one he wanted and then let him choose a fabric (out of three). I haven't decided if I am making Gianna a rabbit, or that little bear! My goal is to get them done in time for Easter.

I am realizing that I have too many projects going right now. I just put the first coat of varathane on the desk top. I finally finished priming the trim on the mudroom organizer yesterday, and just painted the first coat of deep blue. I should have the hardware for the filing cabinets done today. Then there are the photos to transfer on my wood blocks! 

Easter. 
...

2 comments :

  1. Wow, you must be quite the crafter because that does not look like an easy project! Can't wait to see how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will see how they turn out! This is definitely out of my comfort zone, but worth a try!

      Delete