Pages



Monday, April 20, 2015

...enjoy it...

...
Enjoy it! They grow up fast.
Enjoy this. You will miss it once they are gone.
Enjoy it. They are only young once.
 
 
I know. I know, I know, I know.
 
But it is hard, right? I didn't understand what that meant when people told me that after Gabe. I am sure I responded with a slight smile....while thinking maybe:..I am so tired...they have no idea what this is like...right...I am...I haven't slept or showered...how can you enjoy this?...when will they/I sleep again???? This list could go on, I am sure.
 
Ironically, I actually told one of my friends who just had a baby to just "enjoy it." I felt the words coming out and couldn't stop them. Great. I have become someone who tells you that your kids aren't bundled up enough or that you are letting them sleep to much ;).
 
I have this serious problem with just being. I am constantly doing 3,002 things at once and I am not always sure why. I like to feel productive. I like ending the day and reflecting on those crossed off item from my to do list.
 
I have been working on trying to slow those precious times down. They are far and few between with Gabe is he is at the busy stage. Sometimes, I find myself starting to lay Gianna down for the night and stopping, only to pick her back up and smell her. Only to try to enjoy it just a bit more, because they are right. I am going to miss it. I am missing the minutes tick by only to realize that I am married. I have two kids. WHEN did that happen.
 
I love to take pictures to try to help me remember those moments. Sadly, much of my life isn't photogenic or capturable. Maybe, I don't have my camera with me. Maybe I am mid diaper change. Maybe I am tickling Gabriel.
 
I am slowly learning how to just enjoy it. Maybe the day won't be as productive as I originally thought, but that extra snuggle was worth it.
...

No comments :

Post a Comment