...Liturgical Living | October...

12:00 PM

...
I have been thinking about incorporating liturgical living (celebrating the Feast Days, lives of the Saints etc.) into our family culture. I am the type of person that tends to decide WE ARE DOING THIS AND WE ARE DOING EVERYTHING. This lends itself to being overwhelmed or burnt out while trying to do more than practical (or useful!) with two little kids. My goal was to have a list of days coming up, so when I am planning our weekly meals I have an idea of an associated food. If we have some down time, we can color a quick picture and talk about that Saint.

Neither of us grew up with this implemented into our family culture, so this is uncharted territory for both of us. Fortunately, the advent of the internet makes this a much more plausible endeavor, with countless resources at our fingertips.

So....realistically, I have decided to try to incorporate two days a month. I know our plans will change as our kids grow and are more capability with appropriate activities. For now (a three and one year old), we will try to focus on a book/story, or coloring an image, or making something in the kitchen that we can enjoy as a family, while talking about the life of someone to aspire to. We want to help cultivate virtues in our children and I think this is a practical and fun approach. 

I am a bit behind this Month, be decided it is better late than ever. I will be choosing a few saints a month that we have some sort of connection with, albeit, a namesake, a favorite.....So:

October

October 1
St. Therese of Liseux (the Little Flower, the Child of Jesus).
I have heard this Glory Story is great, but we don't have it.

October 2
Guardian Angels
Food: Angel hair pasta

October 22
Pope Saint John Paul II
Food: I am not a big fan of Polish food....we eat it quiiiite a few holidays a year...but thought we would try Kolacky cookies tomorrow.

October 31
I am not sure if we will do anything "special." Maybe make some Soul Cakes. We shall see.
...

You Might Also Like

0 comments