...Decorating the tree...

8:00 PM

...
Christmas is a favorite time of year for my husband. Gabe inherited his extreme love.
Christmas lights.
Music.
Decorating the tree.
The snow.

We typically decorate our Christmas tree on the first Sunday of Advent.
We pulled out the boxes after Mass on Sunday. Boxes and boxes. I must say, the mess isn't my favorite, but the outcome is worth it.
As we brought in each box and opened the treasures, Gabe kept exclaiming:
"Oh, my this is my favorite day!"
He was so happy and so excited.
He is finally at an age to start remembering a great deal of detail.
I am waiting to count the number of times our tree is uprooted. Gianna squeals with delight when she looks at it. We shall see.
We worked on the outdoor lights while the kids were napping. Fortunately, the weather was pleasant. Gabe helped once he was up, as he sipped his mug of hot chocolate on the front steps.
We didn't have time to finish the tree that night, so last evening, we invited our neighbor over.

Gabe was so excited to open EVERY box. He wanted to show her every ornament. He hung ornament after ornament. We finished the evening with reading a book from our Christmas book basket.

I do love this time of year. I love how there is a natural slowing of our activities. We love to sit by the light of the tree in the evening and watch the kids play.

You Might Also Like

0 comments