Pages



Monday, May 9, 2016

...mother's day scones...

...
I found a recipe a few weeks ago for peach vanilla scones. I never got around to trying it. I decided that I would make them for mother's day, on the off chance we could have our neighbor over. She wasn't able to make it, but I whipped up a batch as soon as we returned from Mass.

While the kids feasted on their donut (a good behavior tradition), Steve and I ate these magnificent sconces. I have eaten A LOT of sconces. I love them. I have made a far share as well, but it seems as if my texture (to those from a pastry shop) was never quite right.

A few recipes ago, I decided to use my food processor. PERFECTION.

That seems to be key!

I have adapted this recipe.


Warm Peach Vanilla Sconces with a Vanilla Glaze

2 1/4c flour
1/3 c brown sugar
1T baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 cup cold cubed butter
1 egg
1/4c whipping cream + some for brushing
1/4 c sour cream
2t vanilla
1 peach, diced

1/2 c powder sugar
3T whipping cream
1T vanilla

Preheat oven to 400F. Line tray with parchment paper. Add some flour. Pulse dry ingredients in food processor. Add cubed butter and pulse until small pieces. Add wet ingredients and mix until incorporated. Add in diced peach and pulse until just mixed. Drop mixture onto floured parchment paper. Gently shape into a 1/2" thick circle. Cut into 8 sconces and gently spread out. Brush with some whipping cream. Bake for 18 minutes, or until lightly browning. Whisk glaze. Remove from oven and drizzle with glaze.

Enjoy!

 ...

No comments :

Post a Comment